Friday, September 24, 2010

The Vegan Cosmetic Diet





Over the passed year or two, I have been trying out my own personal experiment. I wanted to discover the best possible solutions for improving my appearance... other than the typical resolutions like losing weight or eating better.

I believed, full heartedly, that the cosmetics that I was paying hundreds of dollars for (per year), were wasting my time and money.

I also believed that if God (if you believe in God), created this world especially for us to thrive in, then there were resources surrounding us, that would indeed 'heal us' for whatever ails us.


Before I could make a my theory be seen as a FACT. I had to endure the full chemical cosmetic lifestyle for a month or so.

So, I lathered myself up with fragrance induced soaps; oiled
myself up with Palmer's coco butter; fed my hair organic root stimulator hair food... and washed my face up with Ne
utrogena.

Thru that time period. Nothing really seemed to change. The worst part was that because I had been using a few natural products before, my body seemed to be repelling the products. I felt the residue from the soaps; the lotions and hair food. My face broke out, which is rare for me, and I felt either super greasy or super dry. My hair began to develop dandruff. And my skin, started to look really scaly.

During this uncomfortable time period, I continued my
studies on Natural alternatives. Taking classes in Herbology, etc.

When the month ended, I began the full vegan cosmetic diet with confidence.

Unlike, changing from a meat eater to a vegan, there were no withdrawal symptoms.

In fact, there was a rapid change in quality of my skin and hair. My stretch marks and scars, that seemed to never vanish, began to fade. And my hair became silky soft.


After 6 months of being on this plan, my skin looked so radiant, that people were stopping me on the streets to compliment about how beautiful my skin was (both men and women).

My hair, which seemed to take forever to grow (when I used chemical hair products), seemed to explode with length and thickness.


Being inspired by the results, I then took my change a little further... but before I inform you of what it is, here is a back story:


For 5 years, my menstrual cycle stopped, for unexplainable rea
sons. Being 19 when it stopped, I spent so much time and money going to hospitals to figure out why it stopped. But the doctors couldn't find a solution... I just stopped having periods.

If you didn't know, periods are important to have, not only to reproduce, or to clean out toxins out of a woman's body... but to 'balance your hormones.

Without a period, my hormones became extre
mely unbalanced, which then caused a series of problems... the biggest one, being that my body started to swell. My breasts increased drastically, but as they increased they caused an unbearable amount of pain.

I always would go to bed crying because I was in that much agony.


Getting back to my natural cosmetic diet... I started to gain positive side effects from the homemade recipes I was using.



Not only did the scars and stretch marks go away... but my body's hormones began to balance out. And the agonizing pain I use to experience... vanished.

Happily, I can say that my body is back to normal, as if... nothing every happened.



***

Once again, the more and more I discovered, the more and more I wanted to go deeper into my change of lifestyle.

I took my recipes and decided to try out the same recipes with 3 of my friends. And put them on a strict cosmetic diet for a month.

Friend #1: Hair Type/ Asian. Her issue was that she worked a very laboring job (day porter). Because she was very active at work, her hair would become frizzy and greasy, so she would always wear baseball caps, to hide her hair.

Friend #2: Hair Type/ Relaxed. She had relaxed hair, and her issue was that her hair kept breaking, and never would grow. She had to keep cutting it off.

Friend #3: was Caucasian. Her hair was healthy. But not perfect.

I altered the Conditioning solution that I would use for my own hair, for Friend #1 and #2, since it would have been too heavy for their type of hair.

I expected to see results in a week or two. But to my surprise, the next day they came back to me thrilled! And gave me their reports:


#1: I'll be honest, I was skeptical about trying this solution that you gave me. But, when I was in the shower, and started using your shampoo... I could feel a difference in my hair automatically. It was like it was coming to life, or something. I put the light oil on my damp hair, as instructed afterwards, afraid that it would make my hair greasy. But it did! I was shocked. My hair feels soooo soft, and shiny. Thank yous!

#2: I tried out your hair stuff, last night, and... WOW. My hair became super curly in the shower.. but really soft, even under the water. I used the conditioning solution afterwards, and when it dried, my hair became super manageable all of a sudden. It was such a change, it was like I didn't recognize it.

#3: My hair is really soft and manageable. I love it. Wow. When can I buy a bottle.



In two weeks, I watched (super happy) as my friends changed. They seemed more and more confident. #1 stopped wearing baseball caps; #2 started wearing her hair down, instead of pulling her hair back; #3 was just.. well, happy. She started styling her hair in a different way, each day. And the added bonus, was that ALL of them has experienced a sudden improvement in the skin quality. Their complexion was much more clearer.




My Conclusion: Chuck the store bought junk, and pick up a herbology book... free your mind, and you may find something quite interesting.


No comments: